Workforce management software is a type of software designed to help businesses manage their employees more effectively. It can be used to track your employees’ progress through the day and provides full visibility of tasks, inventory and their routes.
Benefits of Workforce Management Software
There are many business-critical benefits to using workforce management software, including:
1. Improved Efficiency: By automating processes such as job scheduling and workflow automation for your field-based employees, workforce management software can save your business time and money and ultimately make your business more profitable.
2. Accurate Data: Workforce management software can provide accurate data on employee performance throughout the day, which can be fed back to the office and to your clients, for example notifying them when a job has been completed.
3. Cost Savings: By streamlining processes your employees will work more efficiently, reducing errors and ensuring your contractual KPIs are met. Significant saving can be made by reducing the administrative burden on your field-based and office-based staff.
4. Increased Productivity: By optimising employee schedules and providing accurate data on employee performance, workforce management software can help businesses increase productivity in the workplace by ensuring that employees are working when they should be working and not wasting time on unnecessary tasks or activities.
How to Choose the Right Workforce Management Software for Your Business
When it comes to choosing the right workforce management software for your business, there are a few key factors you should consider:
1. Features: Make sure that the software you choose has all the features you need for your business operations, such as route planning and optimisation, stock and asset tracking, workflow automation and case management.
Altlogic offers a comprehensive list of features for any business with a combination of field-based and office-based staff.
2. Cost: Make sure that the cost of the software you choose is inclusive of the features you need and that it’s flexible enough to remove features you don’t require, or to add those that you need.
Altlogic’s solutions are bespoke and allow customers to add or remove features as required.
3. Ease of Use: Make sure that the user interface is easy to use so that employees can quickly learn how to use it without having to spend too much time learning how it works or navigating its features. One of the biggest reasons new software fails within a business is because of low adoption rates so it’s vital that all your employees are able to use the solution you select.
Altlogic has been designed with simplicity in mind and each solution is created in consultation with our clients and based on their specific needs.
4. Security: Make sure that the security measures in place are sufficient enough to protect any sensitive data stored within the system from unauthorised access or tampering with data integrity in any way shape or form. It’s vital that your customers have confidence in the security of the system you are using.
Altlogic uses the most advanced security available to protect the data you store within our system.
5 . Support: Ensure that there is adequate support available from both technical staff as well as customer service representatives will be able to answer questions or provide assistance if needed.
Altlogic’s support team is based in the UK and is on hand when needed to assist our customers.
Workforce management software is an invaluable tool for businesses looking to improve efficiency and productivity while reducing costs associated with manual tasks such as data entry. By considering all of these factors when choosing a solution, you will be able to find the right solution which not only meets your needs now, but also future-proofs your business.
Share this content: